A Halma Company

 H_A_L_M_A_logo

Halma’s origins began in Asia in 1894. As The Nahalma Tea Estate Company Limited, it operated in Ceylon (renamed Sri Lanka in 1972). The company later switched to rubber production and in 1937 became the Nahalma Rubber Estate Company Limited.

During the 1950s the Sri-Lankan government nationalized many of the island’s businesses, including the rubber industry. In 1956 the Nahalma Rubber Estate Company Limited became Halma Investments Limited. The company ended its connections with rubber and its role changed to an investment management and industrial holding company.

Halma was listed on the London Stock Exchange in January 1972 and became a publicly-traded company. A series of acquisitions was made of mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering companies and successful management generated strong organic growth. This created the basis for the international manufacturing group that Halma is today. The company changed its name to Halma Limited in 1973 and registered as a public limited company in 1981, becoming Halma PLC.

Halma has grown to be an established FTSE 250 business and currently comprises just under 40 subsidiary companies operating worldwide. Today, Halma’s technology centres on sensors, its markets are primarily the protection of human and capital assets, and the Group continues to grow through organic expansion and acquisition.

As a member of the Halma group of companies, Diba has the stability of a large company and the responsiveness of a small one. Halma makes products for hazard detection and life protection and is a market leader in specialist electronic, safety and environmental technologies.