Diba is seeking an experienced Assembly Cell Leader, reporting to the Production Manager, based in Danbury, Connecticut.
Supervise assigned production cells to meet or exceed customer commitments for delivery and quality. Diba goals for labor efficiency / product labor cost, employee safety and ISO compliance.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Ensure orders are shipped on time through Job Scheduling and allocation of resources within Production Cells.
- Support Purchasing identifying priorities / potential shortages on raw material and components.
- Control materials through kitting and issuing.
- Ensure parts are manufactured to stated requirements, providing documentation to Assembly teams: Work Orders, Document packs etc.
- Quality Control / Inspection, overseeing all products within cell manufactured to specification.
- Completion of records / quality documentation in accordance with Good Documentation Practices, AQL levels and determined frequency.
- Completing check and final Inspection on finished product.
- Following Epicor requirements on Production Jobs (Job Closing, Job Completion)
- Technical support / problem solving with teams on BOM’s, Drawings, Work Instructions, Equipment
- Cross train employees on equipment and processes. Completion of Assembly Skills Matrix.
- Inventory Control through Cycle Count process as applicable
- Maintain Kanban / Supermarket levels on finished goods
- Support Lean Manufacturing Initiatives to enhance Continuous Improvement.
- Supporting the work of the QSHE Manager in Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
- Compliance to Quality, Health & Safety, and Environmental Policy and procedures.
- Compliance to external accreditations (ISO9001, ISO13485, ISO14001 & ISO18001)
- Ensuring that risk assessments and safe systems of work are implemented.
- Enforcing PPE requirements.
- Identifying and reporting safety related problems. (Reporting faults and machinery defects)
- Ensuring that incidents / accidents are reported.
- Participating in the risk assessment process and accident investigations.
- Ensuring that appropriate maintenance is carried out.
- Setting a good example on health and safety issues.
Relationships & Roles
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees, and customers.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Minimum 3 year experience in a high mix low volume production environment
- 3 years supervisory/management experience.
- Lead / Participation in Lean Manufacturing Initiatives.
- Must have strong time management and multi-tasking skills, initiative, and drive.
- Must have the ability to direct and work effectively within a team setting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.