Diba is seeking an experienced Master Production Scheduler, reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, based in Danbury, Connecticut.
Diba Industries designs and manufactures innovative fluid handling components and assemblies used in diagnostic, life science and scientific instrumentation.
Diba has a unique culture that emphasizes impressing customers, open communication and transparency, honoring commitments and respecting each other, creativity and an eagerness to learn, and above all having fun and enjoying success together. If you think you would fit in this type of culture, then please apply!
The Master Production Scheduler is responsible for developing the master production plan to satisfy customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventory. The qualified individual will be responsible for providing the plant with a monthly production plan consistent with the plant capacity and sales forecast. The planner is responsible for determining the desired inventory levels for finished goods down to the pack size including safety stock levels. The sales forecasts, new business opportunities, customer expectations, and internal supply constraints will be used to develop production plans, by month, for a rolling three month period. Strong collaboration with the Business Managers, Operations, Sales, Customer Service and Management will be critical to meeting business goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create a rolling 3-month Master Production Plan for designated products. Utilize the production capacity, taking into consideration the sales forecast, historical sales, and new business opportunities. Analyze and identify risks associated with the options built into the Master Production Plan, including manufacturing lead times.
- Make delivery commitments on products, which involve coordinating with purchasing team, checking uncommitted material and availability of capacity.
- Ensure coordination with manufacturing team to execute Production Plan on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Monitor actual output versus the Master Production Plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions, including a metric on production performance to the requested production schedule.
- Timely reporting of key metrics.
- Support the implementation and execution of S&OP process to review service levels, performance against schedule, inventory strategy, supply plan to meet demand, and resource implications. Update Master Production Plan as necessary.
- Experience coordinating a cross-functional S&OP process.
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities.
- Proficient in MS office applications.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels in the organization with confidence and authority.
- Desire to contribute to and improve business processes/continuous improvement.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required .
- Experience working with manufacturing software such as MS and MRP is required.
- Experience with Epicor is preferred.
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP) preferred.