Diba is seeking an experienced Supply Chain Manager, reporting to the VP of Operations.
Based in Danbury, Connecticut, the selected candidate for this role will support the supply chain across all Diba manufacturing facilities.
The mission of the Supply Chain Manager is to manage materials Master Scheduling, Purchasing, Inventory Control and Shipping functions to meet customer product delivery requirements. Responsible for developing purchasing and logistics plans, strategies, policies, and procedures to meet delivery, quality and cost reduction/avoidance goals. Effective Management of the Supply Chain across all Diba Manufacturing facilities.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Ensure that Diba has the materials necessary to ship orders complete and within customer delivery requirements. Responsible for purchasing and production control functions related to the inward and internal flow of inventory, including raw material, work in process, and finished goods.
- Develop purchasing and logistics strategies, policies and procedures to meet business strategies and organizational requirements.
- Manage purchasing team to ensure the availability of parts through proper sourcing of suppliers with the goal of no shortages for the production schedule.
- Work with the Production Teams to reduce and eliminate part shortages.
- Source potential suppliers of new products and procure and manage all commodities to achieve significant and measurable savings.
- Manage vendor performance goals and measured results in partnership with the Quality team.
- Provide accurate status reporting for all materials issues, including shortages and incoming components.
- Implement a material procurement strategy (Kanban’s, Min/Max and other techniques) that allows Diba to reduce consolidated inventory on a monthly average.
- Management of MRP within Epicor across components. Maintain Runner / Repeater / Stranger data within Epicor.
- Control/Reduction in material costs through Cost realisation and PPV.
- Ensure products are packaged and shipped on schedule and to specifications. Ensure purchased materials are received accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review of Global Sourcing and opportunities for development between Diba facilities. (e.g. mutual benefits of discount across operations).
- Maintain effective inventory controls targeting continual improvements in net physical adjustments
Relationships & Roles
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees, and customers.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Experience as Supply Manager with high volume of components and large supplier base.
- Multiple commodities buying experience preferred.
- Must have strong time management and multi-tasking skills, initiative, and drive.
- Experience sourcing/purchasing components in a Lean and ISO environment
- 3 years experience in similar position with manufacturing company.
- BA/BS or Purchasing or Supply Chain Certification.
- Experience in the medical device industry preferred.
- Must have the ability to direct and work effectively within a team setting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Open for occasional travel